I saw it too and was very impressed with what he'd done so far and his dedication - two hours a day for the past fourteen years!

It should be added that it isn't the full height of the original - I'd say about 15 inches (maybe a bit more), but very, very long. He bought a pieces of material, drew the shapes and started sewing. I'm sure the expert said it was a "sort of" running stitch he'd used for the outlines. We couldn't see the detail of all of it, although it was unravelled and it looked like, although he'd done the outlining, he had parts to fill in near the beginning which was what we were shown particularly - we could see the rest stretching into the distance! I thought his filling stitches were very even.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK