The first lace I ever did was shuttle tatting. That soon ended when I discovered that I couldn't go back and fix mistakes. One of the 'joys' of bobbin lace is that if you make a mistake you can retrolace and fix it. Much later I discovered needle tatting, and I enjoy that for Christmas snowflakes. Once had a dozen decorating the window of my law office. Great for a tiny takealong project. I also sew, embroider, cross stitch, smock. No cutwork, so that doesn't count as lace. I sew a lot, or used to. And I knit. I have been astonished but then not surprised at how many lacemakers knit. I've seen lace meetings where no one really wanted to work her pillow, and the knitting came out instead. I have made a shetland shawl as a Christening shawl for the children.

Oh, and of course, bobbin lace, which I do almost every day. Torchon, Binche, Flanders, Bucks, Duchesse, Idrija, Withof.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where when the sun is out it feels like early spring. Birds are going nuts.