"I do have a question - how many of us do more than one form of lace? "

Bobbin lace is my addition... and I have dabbled in many different varieties.
I currently have projects going from 16th century Flanders to very modern
patterns, so any type can appear on my pillows.

I've also dabbled in needlelace, knotted lace. and tambour lace.  I have no
expertise in these but I understand the processes.  Tatting was briefly
attempted but I never practiced, so my skill is nil.

Before bobbin lace was discovered, I had done all kinds of decorative sewing
including a form of freemotion lace on a machine.  I also learned to crochet
and embroider as a young child, and taught myself knitting as a young adult.  I
had to give these up for many years because of finger problems but have taken
them up again recently when my fingers no longer hurt.  There's a lovely
knitted lace shawl on my 'to do' list.  Someday.

Bring along another type of lace and I may give it a try.  I just like to
create things with my own hands.

Alice in Oregon .. where we are supposed to have a warm, dry Easter weekend.
That's almost unheard of here. Meanwhile, it's gray and damp.