----- Original Message ----- From: "Janice Blair"

Subject: [lace] Graph paper/Needle lace

What I should have asked was what Catherine used on her base, i.e. the blue
paper, which might be something to do with architecture.

Catherine, please tell me what you use as the top layer of your base, and then
if anyone knows where we can obtain it in the US, that would be great.


Sorry Janice

We clearly weren't on the same page with this one! The blue covering I use over my pattern/drawing is simply a dark blue, matt sticky-backed plastic. My eyesight is not what it used to be and as I mainly work in white, using fine gauges of thread, this gives a greater contrast as opposed to architect's linen or the pale coloured sticky-backed plastic. Somebody emailed me quite some time ago asking the same question. Doreen Holmes and myself bought a whole roll of it between us from Tim Parker (a lace supplier here in the UK who has now retired) but this would have been over 10 years ago and I only have a very small amount left. I 'Googled' Dark Blue Sticky-backed plastic and found a couple of companies in the US who sold it, but again only by the roll and I don't dare to think what it would cost in postage to ship it here! Unfortunately I didn't keep the addresses but suggest you try 'Googling' and see what you can find. None of them seemed to sell it by the sheet/small quantities but you may have better luck than I. I guess if several of you pooled your dollars or perhaps your local group or one of your suppliers could get hold of it, that would be the way to go.

Good luck with your search.

Catherine

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to