Dear Bev et al,
I agree with what you say, but point out that cotton drill was either
nonexistent or too expensive for a poor lacemaker to use on a pillow, and
therefore vote for a similar twill fabric, but linen.  Might be hard to find,
or expensive.  I highly doubt that there would be much change from a Tudor
pillow and a Midlands bolster.  If it works, why change. And the Midlands
bolster is a basic no frills pillow.

Lyn in Lancaster where it's cloudy, but no rain, and warm, 78F 23C at 2 p.m.

Jennifer wrote:
>>> Has anyone done much research on what early lace pillows were made out
>> of?
>> I'm primarily looking at the origins of the lace pillow in the sixteenth
>> century or earlier.

"My email sends out an automatic  message. Arachne members,
please ignore it. I read your emails."