To clarify, I used drill cotton (present-day fabric) for my version of a Midlands bolster, and I referred to twill (the weave technique) for the period fabric of whatever fibre content, wool, linen, silk, horsehair even (and stuffed with that, too, as someone mentioned). Probably not cotton as that was still an import item. I can't tell by looking at the jpg, the financial status of the figures, but they appear to be comfortable!
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM, <[email protected]> wrote: > ...t that cotton drill was either nonexistent or too expensive for a poor > lacemaker to use on a pillow, and therefore vote for a similar twill > -- Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
