I get regular newsletters from one of the UK's major bookstores, Waterstones, and I've just received an email asking people to send in their stories as to which books have influenced them - quoting from that email:-

"Books are powerful. Books change lives. We want to hear about the books that made you who you are today. Whatever it made you do and whatever the book, this is your chance to tell the world.

"If you need a little inspiration take a look at the examples above from some of our Book Group members or find more stories here. Anyone can submit and share their own story online or in any Waterstones; we'll display some of our favourites in our bookshops so keep a look out on your next visit."

The site to look at is:-

http://www.thebookthatmademe.com/

So, I wonder what effect it will have if they start getting answers from lacemakers as to "whatever it made you do" - they are asking us to "tell the world", so why not? We might even show them that lace books are worth stocking!
--
Jane Partridge