Pene and all Others
back home from Tönder the ache in my right hand become so awful that I couldn't
write or do anything else, that's why I didn't send a report to the list.
I was there as a day-guest so I can tell you about the coffee-table and the
dinner.
We arrived friday about midday and I went first to the salesroom which was in
two big rooms from Tönderhallerne that tells you how many salesmen there were.
I didn't want buy much but I was lucky to meet my friend Tina there.
I watched the fashion show from Jana Nowak and Iva Proskova. There were some
very interesting ideas for lace-pieces to wear every day.
In the corner of the two rooms were small exhibitions from works from U.
Voelker, Chantilly laces from the collection from Marianne Stang, laces from
Beveren from Nadine Pauwels and things from Karin Hoffritz and Mette Julie
Bundsgaard-Nielsen.
On my way back to the hotel I "visited" my competition piece in the exhibition
from DKV. In the same house the Visemöllen Annie Westphal and Kirsten Ploug
showed works done with willow and bark. Very interesting pieces, some like
heads others like baskets.
Saturday I visited the exhibition in Drohse's Hus which fill all rooms of the
house but like the other times I was there the laces weren't described very
well, not to say partly wrong.
Than I went to the museum and looked first after the laces and later after
painting.
There was an exhibition in memoriam Inge Skovgaard. Her book about Tönder lace
was a big help for me when I worked on those sort of lace.
What impressed me most were jewelerys partly in lace technique partly in an own
technique from the artist, Hanne Behrens.
Here too the Tönder lace from the museum were described either wrong or
underdone.
Sunday morning, a very windy and grey one, we travelled slowly back south to
Hamburg. Each time I went to the north I want to see the North Sea. Our walk
along the Cost was a very sporty one about the very strong wind. Coming nearer
to Hamburg the weather become more and more friendly and at home the sun shone
brightly.
I didn't take any pictures because I want only I relax and enjoy the weekend.