Well, Sue, you've got an MP.  WRITE!  Let's have a Youtube when this question
is asked in Parliament.  A UNIFIED BACKGROUND CHECK FOR LACE TEACHERS!!  Once
and done, 5 pounds for an update every 3 years.  Otherwise lacemaking will go
the way of the dodo in 30 years.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the background checks are portable,
says DH.  Only need one.