Hi,
I am not in class this afternoon and was making lace in my bedroom when a
huge moving van parked in front of my ground floor window and blocked out all
the light, so I am taking the opportunity of reading all my emails in the
hotel lobby in Salt Lake City while it is fairly quiet.  Classes are still on
for a couple more hours.

I am doing a Beds Thomas Lester class with Holly Van
Sciver and working on a giraffe that is taken from a lappet.  It will be about
14 inches tall as I enlarged it for my 80/2 Egyptian cotton.  It is quiet a
challenging piece of work and I need all the light I can get.  Hope they move
the van soon, but I think it might be here for as long as I am.  There is a
cycle race going on (Tour of Utah), and the support vans have taken over the
back parking lot.  I managed to stop them towing my friends car away when I
saw the tow truck moving all the cars that were parked there. The cyclists
come into town today but I don't know if there are any famous ones in the
race.

Back to lace - yesterday I took a class in Romanian Point lace with
Sylvia Marariu and had a very enjoyable time.  She is a delight as a teacher
and very knowledgeable having learnt the lace as a child in Romania.  My
bookmark is taking shape but I put it aside now to work on my Beds.  Holly has
redrawn the giraffe which is surrounded by large leaf shapes and trails.  The
original piece has the giraffe with a birth sack between its four feet.
 Thankfully she changed it into leaf tallies and more trails.  Not sure I
would have wanted that on my head!

The Arachne lunch on Monday was a success.
 There were 24 of us, plus one husband and one interloper who got the wrong
meal ticket in her registration package.  Maybe she will join us after finding
out what a fun group we are.  We had 10 raffle prizes and I got the first one
(people called it a fix) but it was purely accidental.  Liz Ligetti's husband,
Alex, won the last prize which was a very large sparkly spider brooch.  We had
a group photo taken which will be put on our site, unless it is there already.
Devon took it. This is the first time I have had an Internet connection.
 Money is running low after many visits to the vendor room.  Have to save some
as we are driving home and it is a 3 day trip.   I hope someone else posts
with more news.  This evening we are going to a rehearsal for the Mormon
Tabernacle choir.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of