Hi Agnes,
Janet and I had a long chinwag this evening after the annual
meeting.  I spotted her in the lobby with her hubby.  They are having a good
vacation touring around with Sallie and her husband.  I met her at the Arachne
meeting on Monday evening.  I won the QEII jubilee tea towel she had brought
and she won a humbug bag I had made with spider fabric.

The set meals so far
have been great but the service in the restaurant is very, very slow.
 Hopefully our banquet tomorrow will be as good as the previous meals.
 yesterday my friends and I took the tour of Old Sac, which is the original
downtown area of Sacramento and the buildings are like they were in the 1860's
after the great flood.  We had three walking tours, the history museum, the
underground and the street level walking tour.  It was very hot but our guide
always stopped in the shade of the sycamore trees.  The weather had been
unseasonably cool until Wednesday but the sun came out and I was glad I took
along my sun hat.  Our bus to the tour was a "party bus" with colored lights
around the ceiling and sofa type seats along each side.

I bought a set of
Piper silk colors today along with some organzine for a future project.  The
competition pieces are good this year but I can't post pictures of them even
though the voting has probably finished by now.  Janet has a lace clock in the
display room and I have three pieces of Thomas Lester Beds in there including
the giraffe which had not been worked before.  An adaptation by Holly Van
Sciver or a Lester lappet.  I bought a book on Lester Lace, almost bought
another by Ulrike Voelker but found I already had it when I checked my library
app.  Phew, saved myself a $60 mistake there.

I am off to bed now after I
clean the wine off my teeth.

Janice

<From: "Agnes Boddington"
<ag...@weatherwax.karoo.co.uk>
Subject: RE: [lace] IOLI Convention Get
together

Oh, how I wish I could be there! One of our local lace makers is:
Janet
Theaker.
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK>

Janice Blair