Dennis Hornsby once said to me that if I had been born in Buckinghamshire and
learnt lace during its heyday, I would have learnt bucks point and nothing
else.  So why did i think I had to learn in an order?

I can see a progression from nice lace to another in the same way we can see
how one lace evolved from the techniques of another but that doesn't mean to
say you have to learn it that way.

When I learnt to play the guitar I was taught by someone who was two steps
ahead on the book.  Then, when I went for formal lessons, I was expected to
play scales which I couldn't and the teacher was annoyed that technically I was
much more advanced in my playing than her students who could play scales.  My
original teacher found a piece that we used to use as a warmonger and then we
went for it.

When I taught myself to play the piano I found a piece I wanted to learn (I
dint know how to love him) and went for it.

When you hit a roadblock then don't try to get over it or around it.  Just
choose another destination.

Kind Regards

Liz Baker