I made 3 Beds hankies from Springett patterns, - but I used a fine silk
thread  not cotton, - and a couple of teachers went "Yuk"  when they saw
them - as they were soft and 'floppy" not stiff and crisp, laying over the
hand. Which is what Beds lace is supposed to do - according to them.

I was very disappointed in the remarks and felt quite deflated, as I though
I had done a good job with them,.   I still feel that way, and they are 2
pretty hankies, nicely made and mounted - for me!  I love them,
anyway!!!!!!!

Who says that beds lace has to be with plenty of "body"- why cannot it be
soft and drape nicely?

By the way - has anyone had their IOLI Bulletin for October yet?  I think
one is due, - isn't it?
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.