> So, if it is only two stitches, like knitting, why is it so  hard to learn?
>
> Devon

I don't think of lace as '2 stitches' -C & T.  But 2 movements; Cross and
twist, that go into making 3 stitches; a 2 movement stitch=CT (HS), a 3
movement stitch= CTC (cloth stitch), and a 4 movement stitch = CTCT (whole
stitch).  I explain it that way and that later one adds extra twists to make
an opening larger (as in Pt. Grnd.), or Winkie pins, etc.

I have taught several people and those who really wanted to continue have,
others haven't for various reasons -too many other interests, etc.

Lorri