Hi,

I really enjoy doing Buckspoint lace, and my goal for this year is to learn
a lot more about it. I used to do a fair amount back in the 80's and early
90's, but was sort of out of lace making for more than 10 years while I
owned and ran a yarnshop. Used to do Honiton and Duchesse as well, but I
don't know if I can still see to do that, sewing with fine threads takes
good eye sight, and it is starting to go downhill.

However, I can still do Bucks, and my goal is to eventually tackle Miss
Channer's mat. However, I can't seem to find a source for the pattern. Can
anyone tell me where I could obtain it?

It will take me a while to collect the bobbins for it, I have lots of
Continental types that I inherited from my mother, and also collected early
in my lacemaking days, but I have found that I don't like them for Bucks,
the tendency for them to roll has given me fits with threads untwisting and
breaking, in one piece so badly I finally cut it off. I have started
collecting Midlands bobbins and spangling them, and am having much better
success with the piece I am doing at the moment. I only have about 100 pairs
right now, so it will take me a while to collect the rest. But in the
meantime I'd like to get the pattern, to spur me on in learning more, and
getting the bobbins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marianne

Marianne Gallant