Whilst I know its out of print, I have on occasions seen it for sale as a
second hand pattern by dealers either at lace fairs or on their websites.

If I really wanted to make a particular piece I would be tempted to put a call
out to other Lacemakers through different sites asking if anyone would be
willing to sell or trade their copy second hand as the laws on second hand
books are very different.

I was sad to hear that Ruth Bean had died, it does explain the fact that her
book list was disappearing from print.  There were a number of books that she
published on lace that I used to learn and without which I would either not
have master a technique or taken much longer to do so.

I know that self publishing is wonderful and really anyone can produce a pdf of
their work and sell it now but I find it a loss that the main publishing houses
no longer publish high quality craft books in the quantities that they did in
the 80s

Kind Regards

Liz Baker