That's a really sweet thought, Jeri, trouble is her birthday is on February
13!  I was thinking that if I do retire before my colleague I will make
something for my other 3 co-workers.  They won't know how much work goes into
each piece.

Alison

Dear Allison,  I was admiring your lace bunnies two days ago!  If you retire
before your colleague, how about giving her a completely unexpected (between
two friends) Valentine's Day gift?   Regards, Jeri

For me it would be the Bucks Point bunnies that I made from a pattern by
Bridget Cook, there is a picture of it as it came off the pillow on Flickr.  I
made it with minimum experience in Bucks Point for a colleague at work who was
due to retire last year. It took me about 15 months, doing two versions, the
first one on a larger scale.  My colleague keeps changing her mind about
retiring and at the rate she keeps changing her mind I might be retiring
before her!