OIDFA does have their lace terms glossary online at
http://www.oidfa.com/translate.html#

I can only speak English, and feel deficient as a result. I've studied French
and German but am not really too good at either. But I keep on buying books in
other languages: Danish, Finnish, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian,
Russian.  I look for book recommendations that tell me that there are good
diagrams or really good up-close photographs. That is enough to teach me new
techniques. No doubt I miss some things, but I can still advance my knowledge.
Eventually I've learned the words for bobbin, pillow, lace, and some others,
in those languages.

Admittedly, history is different. You need to understand the detailed meanings
describing linkages of time or style or technique. Those little words and word
endings that contain the grammatical details become more important for getting
an exact understanding of what the author is saying.

Regular historians (meaning those who study political or national history)
typically have to study and master languages before they even start. You can't
study Turkish history if you can't read Turkish. Lace historians and art
historians are in the same position.

Lorelei Halley