Dear Spiders

Can of you please let me know how many lacemakers and how many months it took
them to make the lace for Queen Victoria's wedding dress.  I do have this
information but it would save me several hours of time ploughing my way
through the many lace books on my shelves to find an accurate answer.  The
reason I ask is that I have today received an email from 'a large fashion
company' and I laughed my socks off when I read it!  One would have thought
that perhaps they would have some knowledge as to the many, many hours it
takes to make hand-made lace, particularly 'all-over lace by the metres to
make evening gowns'. I hope to be able to give them some accurate information
and a little education as to the production of hand made lace!  See quote
below!

'Dear Catherine

I hope all is well with you.  I work for a fashion company and we are sourcing
for traditional lace made in UK and Ireland.  I'd like to explore the idea of
ordering or commissioning lace from you.  We are primarily interested in lace
trims and all-over lace by the meters (not a typing error by me) to make
evening gowns.  I love your work and I hope this is something you are
interested in'.

Anyone interested in working 24/7 to churn out these 'meters' of 'all-over
lace'?

Catherine Barley
Henley-in-Thames
UK