At one time I believe the price of a piece of lace was determined by the number
of old shilling coins it required to completely cover the lace.  Fast forward
in time and work out how many credit cards would be needed to cover the lace
and reckon £20 per card - more for very fine lace such as Honiton.

Brenda

On 29 Apr 2014, at 19:37, laceandb...@aol.com wrote:

> When I get similar questions sent to me via The Lace Guild, after I have
> explained about the level of skill needed therefore the cost per hour, and
> the
> number of hours it would take to make even a small piece of lace,

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk