From: Kathleen Harris <ec...@cix.co.uk>
To: 'lace' <lace@arachne.com>
Subject: [lace] Teaching lace.

The worst teacher I have heard of was the one a friend of mine started with.
She did not let her students start or complete a piece themselves. She began
every piece, and finished every piece. My friend came out of that class able
to make lace but unable to move forward. Luckily she found a better teacher
and became an excellent lace maker - but only because she was determined and
passionate about lace.

Kathleen
Berkshire, UK

---