Catherine,
the silk Au Ver a Soie is indeed very close to Gütermann 110/3, when I remember
right a little bit thicker. I used up all mine therefore I can't take both in
my hand and compare. It depend on your way of  working, if you work not to
dense it's ok. It is a wonderful thread to make bobbin lace with.

Ilske