Dear Spiders

I've had a query regarding a project in my book regarding the use of Au Ver a
Soie 100/3 silk thread as an alternative to the Gutermann 100/3 silk thread
specified.  I've never used it myself so don't have a reel to compare but can
any of you tell me if it is close to the Gutermann 100/3 in wpc?  Obviously
it's not as crucial as in bobbin lace, as one simply works more stitches to
each row but does need to be of a fairly similar weight/gauge.  Brenda, I
think you are the most knowledgeable on this subject, can you please advise me
on this one?

Catherine Barley
Henley-on-Thames
UK