Happy Christmas and wishing you all you wish for yourselves in 2015.  I woke
yesterday full of cold and with a sore throat, so its been a bit of a
challenge.  But,I got to play at being a fly on the wall from the UK to Canada
to see the opening of a special gift.  My nephew made his Mother (my sister) a
clock body, he bought the clock movement face and glass which was German made
and fitted inside a piece of my lace.  I got to see her open the present and
take in all the significance which she did very quickly.  The Wood had been
bought by herself and her Husband before he died in 2007 of Cancer, turned by
their son and made into a clock for her to use in her home.   She was
delighted with it.  The lace represented all 6 of us siblings who were born
and brought up in Luton.  The lace pattern was bought by me in Luton Museum,
and had 6 pattern repeats with hearts towards the centre and made by me as a
learning piece around 2004, so has been sitting waiting for a home for all
that time.   My sister always insists that we 6 plus parents when they were
both alive did a photo call at events and now of course they have become
special, our Mum is still alive and joins the gathering as we did in March for
her 90th birthday when we all donned witches hats for a different look.  Great
day, good photos.

Of course I have a question for some of you with the knowledge.  The pattern I
bought and used was taken from the Lace Dealers handbook (now have I got that
quote right?) and I am going to send her the paperwork to keep with the clock
for the future.   But of course she will ask me to explain that more and I
cant.   Does that mean it was a pattern in a book which people might choose to
have made for a particular reason.   What I think I probably need to send her
is a potted history not books and loads of stuff, just enough to make it
interesting.
Many thanks all for another amazing year.
Good luck to you all in the new year.
Sue T
Dorset UK