Beth
I have collected some free patterns on my personal website, and on laceioli.
The ones I've found are all expired copyrights so that is not an issue.
http://lynxlace.com/bobbinlacefreepatterns.html
About 1/4 down the page there is a section of easy patterns, some from
LePompe, and some I designed.
Near the bottom of the page are links to whole books available online. The 3
Spanish ones have lots of patterns, some fairly simple. Nearly all are Cluny
type designs. Some are bookmarks. The ones called Raizame and Encaixe are the
most appealing to me. Diagrams explain the hard pats.
http://laceioli.ning.com/photo/albums/bobbin-lace-beginner-patterns
The tape lace patterns could me made into picture frames, or made with short
sides and sewn onto a pin cushion.
http://laceioli.ning.com/photo/albums/free-patterns

Lorelei