-

1, Where would books be stored?

Not much room for guests on my spare bedroom (or dining room) until stocks reduce.

2, Who would pack parcels and take them down to the post office? There may be a rush in the first couple of days, but after that it’s only one or two parcels as and when; certainly not not enough to employ someone to do it but books don’t pack themselves!

Yes, several trips per week to the post office with many books each time to carry, and they are heavy! Once the initial rush is over it's not so bad.

3, Trading from another country would make the annual income tax return even more complicated! I will accept US dollars or Euros in cash for an occasional single book as there’s always someone going on holiday who will take them, but my policy is really payment in Sterling (GBP) only>

What would I do without PayPal as I too will only accept Sterling (GBP). My book Needlelace Designs & Techniques is a 'give-away' price compared to those being advertised for second hand copies on well known internet sites (hence the reprint) but it's the high cost of shipping overseas that really pushes the price up, with a copy to countries such as Australia, USA, New Zealand, Japan etc. adding almost half the cost of the book in addition, whereas 1st class post for a copy within the UK is £2.38p.

Catherine Barley
UK

www.catherinebarley.com