Seeing some members of Arachne send messages on their smart phones/tablets (many of which get cut off when I receive them after the first apostrophe, so I have to go to the archives to read the full message), I thought Id share a book cataloguing App I found on Play Store. All you do is start the app, point the camera lens of your smart phone at the barcode, and hey presto, the full details of the book including a cover picture is stored. Its a free app, just called Book Catalogue by Evan Leybourn, available from the Google Play Store. And if for some reason the cover picture isnt available in the data downloaded, you can take your own picture of the cover. If theres no barcode, (like the UK Lace Guild booklets) you can key in an ISBN number, or if theres no number, key in the data yourself. I love it!
It works on my tablet as well, and the data is synchronised between my phone and my two tablets. The only drawback is that the camera lens in my 7 inch tablet does not recognise the barcodes, so I always use the phone to actually enter the book into the catalogue. As an avid collector of lace books, I've found this app a great way to have a full catalogue of what I own. Noelene at The Angle [email protected] - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
