Dear Noelene,

A nice solution to a book collector's needs.  Is there a maximum  capacity?
 I mean, did Evan Leybourn make an app for cataloguing thousands  of books?
 And, how many years will the app be operable for  users?  (Such things
have a way of losing support over the passage of  time.)

Polishing up shovels for another onslaught of forecasted snow  tonight.  It
has been below freezing temperatures for a long time.   Yesterday's sun
softened old snow enough to be able to poke deep holes in  the high (above my
head) and deep snow piles created from  plowing.   Air can get deep inside
and facilitate evaporation as  well as melting.  Used a round broom handle as
my tool.  To the  creative mind, the snow equals card and the holes make a
pattern.   Shall I try scallops?  Might as well play with it...

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
--------------------------------------------------------

I thought I’d
share a book cataloguing App I found on Play  Store.      All you do is
start
the app, point the camera lens  of your smart phone at the barcode, and hey
presto, the full details of the  book including a cover picture is stored.
It’s a free app, just called  “Book Catalogue” by Evan Leybourn,
available
from the Google Play  Store.  And if for some reason the cover picture
isn’t
available in the  data downloaded, you can take your own picture of  the
cover.    If there’s no barcode, (like the UK Lace Guild  booklets) you can
key in an ISBN number, or if there’s no number, key in the  data yourself.
I
love it!

It works on my tablet as well, and the  data is synchronised between my
phone
and my two tablets.  The only  drawback is that the camera lens in my 7 inch
tablet does not  recognise the barcodes, so I always use the phone to
actually enter the  book into the catalogue.

As an avid collector of lace books, I've found  this app a great way to have
a full catalogue of what I own.

Noelene  at The Angle

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to