---- mary carey <d...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Must try the narrow cling plastic used by machine embroiderers to stop their
thread from unwinding while not in use.  Also used by overlocking/serging
sewers is a type of mesh used on the thread coming off the spool.

Yes, that stuff (in the US it's called 'Wonder Tape') seemed like a great idea
for bobbins but I did not find it useful.  I tried narrow strips to just cover
the area near the hitch and I tried strips as wide as the neck is long.
Neither worked well.  I think the issue is that the neck of a bobbin, even full
of thread, is just not big enough around.  I couldn't get the tape to stick to
itself on such a tight turn.  The tape is rather thick and may be too stiff to
wrap around such a narrow cylinder.

Just my experience, maybe others had more luck.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com

Parvum leve mentes capiunt