Susie
Many years ago I did some simple Honiton patterns from Luxton and from
Thompson. I enlarged the patterns and used thicker threads.
http://lynxlace.com/learningbobbinlace-samples.html#Honiton   Click on each
image to see the detail.

For the lavender leaves and the purple flower -- from Luxton -- I enlarged the
patterns to 200% and used tatting cotton #80. She states that those patterns
in original size were a little larger than typical Honiton scale. (Otherwise I
would have to have used a finer thread.)

The multi-colored flower and the purple hankie corner are from Sue Thompson.
Both were enlarged to 215% of the original size.  I used tatting cotton for
the flower, but it was a bit thick. I should have used something finer.  For
the corner I used DMC Retors #30 -- equivalent to Broder machine 30. And it
was perfect.

How I arrived at those enlargement sizes was a mixture of logic and guesswork.
I knew the thread sizes recommended for the original size. I had made samples
of torchon grounds and cloth stitch at various pattern sizes to see what
worked for various threads. So I figured out what thread I wanted to use, and
enlarged it to a percentage that should work. Then I took account of whether
the learning patterns were at normal scale, or slightly larger for beginning
students.  Look here for my explanation.
http://laceioli.ning.com/group/bobblinlace-beginners/forum/topics/beginner-pa
ttern-sizing-question?commentId=6475898%3AComment%3A40651&groupId=6475898%3AG
roup%3A16  my comment of Oct 26, 2014
and
Oct 7 2012
http://laceioli.ning.com/forum/topics/thread-change-vs-altering-pricking?comm