<<Helene wrote:
I have visited All Hallows Museum in Honiton many years ago, what  a
wonderful experience. Don't know if is still available, but I bought
a  book "450 Years of Lace" with its accompanying CD. Every time I
look at it I  remember the enjoyable day I had in Devon.>>

I agree that the All Hallows Museum in Honiton is great! I had  a wonderful
day there several years ago. I definitely think that Meghann  McCrory
should see if she can get down there on her travels, assuming there is  time.
It
is yet another example of a small museum where a lot of lace is on  display.
Sometimes these small museums provide a much better "lace experience"  than
larger museums which try to show a wider variety of artifacts.
Unfortunately, they are often outside of the major cities that tourists are
most
likely to visit.

Unfortunately, when I visited Honiton, I drove right past the Exeter Museum
 without realizing what I was missing. So, I am thinking about returning to
the  area in order to see the Exeter Museum and perhaps have a cream tea.
There are a  lot of little villages in Devon and in Cornwall that appear to
be quite  beautiful and I was thinking to stop in at a few and wondered if
Ottery St. Mary  had anything interesting in it. I love the name.

Devon Thein
(Yes, I was actually named after the county.)