This chat has made me go back to our photos taken when in Washington DC, and
the visit, with the IOLI tour, - to the American History Museum, and the
wonderful day out we had on that tour.

We saw many of the pieces shown on the web site, and luckily DH took photos
of many of the pieces!  I must admit that at the time I was more interested
in the Old laces - 17th & 18th Century pieces, and only briefly looked at
these laces, as, to me, they were "Modern"!!

Last year there was a Very interesting talk, during one lunch time (I think)
on the War laces, and slides were shown. I wish I had heard that talk before
seeing the History Museum pieces, as I would have appreciated them so much
more!

Thank you, Karen, for alerting us to this web site, where we can see these
remarkable pieces, and appreciate the effort that went into not only making
them, but selling them and getting them out of the country, too. The
suffering that went on, for these lacemakers, - but they still produced
beautiful pieces of lace. Amazing.

Karen - were you one of the volunteers who looked after us on that
afternoon? 
We had the morning to ourselves to roam the whole museum, and then after
lunch we were taken down to the 3 "Hidden Rooms"  where masses of lace was
laid out for us to drool over!!!  Even the Needlelace "Bayeux Tapestry" - or
part of it!

Regards from Liz in Melbourne
[email protected]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to