Ah….another example of two countries ‘divided by a common language’…(-:

For whatever reason, in the US, ‘calico’ describes printed cotton fabric
such as one uses in patchwork quilting, whereas ‘muslin’ in the US is a
somewhat coarse (usually) unbleached cotton, similar to what is known as
‘calico’ in the UK. What is known as ‘muslin’ in the UK is known as
cheesecloth or gauze in the US. I stumbled upon this discrepancy some years
ago, but have no explanation as to how it developed. Does anyone?

Vicki in Maryland

Sent from Windows Mail