Imagine my surprise when I watched the clip and saw the exact edging I am
currently working on. The pattern was published in Geraldine Stott's Bobbin
Lace Manual, page84. It is called  Running River. She says, "this old
Bedfordshire pattern is meant to represent the meandering River Ouse at
Bedford, with the many water lilies that lie on the river there."

I did not learn to make bobbin lace until I was in my 60's. Needless to say, I
envy the speed with which the lady is working. And one handed? Oh,my. An
article in Lace magazine from the 1970's said local lace makers believed a
person could not learn properly after the age of 4.

Jean Reardon, Mercer PA
Where the sun and clouds are competing for preeminence, but at least it is warm