Dear Friends,

Several weeks ago I wrote to ask if anyone knew of Bulgarian bobbin lace
makers. Antje Gonzalez responded, and I followed up on her answer. I have
just returned from a trip to Bulgaria, during which I did indeed meet a
number of lace makers - Bistra, Elgina, Ivanka, Rumjana, Jordanka,
Kasimira, Pavel, and more lovely people. Bistra in particular was so
excited that an American lacemaker wanted to meet her! But I promise, that
went both ways, as this turned out to be the highlight of my entire trip as
well. These are all wonderful lacemakers with very creative minds and huge
amounts of talent, all bundled together with friendship and generosity. I
recommend a trip to Bulgaria for any lacemaker who is interested! The
Bulgarians have a lot to share with the rest of us!

Sally, at home again in Creswell, Oregon, USA

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to