Dear Lacemakers,

Thanks to the members of Arachne who wrote privately about how to access
the New Mexico article.  It is extremely important for our  international
group to become acquainted with what is going on lace-wise in the  American
Southwest, which is why I became upset when the article was not in my  in-box
nor in the archives I accessed.

The explanation of feuding AOL/Yahoo/etc. from Amanda must be  considered
seriously by all of us.  Most have been under the impression we  are
receiving all memos sent to Arachne from around the world.   Clearly, not true.

This feuding may explain the days when no  Arachne mail is received.

Is anyone presently working on this problem?  If not, now is the  time to
set up an Arachne technology-knowledgeable team to wrestle with all  our
problems.  It may require some funding to make it possible  to preserve what
has
been written in the past 20-plus years, and updated  programming that will
result in all letters to Arachne going to each  member.

A lot of lace expertise is shared in our archive files (some  from deceased
members).  It needs to be saved.

How do we do this?

Will someone take on the responsibility of saving and sharing a
distillation of replies to this appeal?

I am working over-time on a huge lace-related project that will benefit
many lace researchers, so must take myself out of the  picture.

For a start, we need a committed computer technology  volunteer team with
specific skills and experience, plus someone  to be the leader's right hand.
(Two, similar  to Scotland's Jean and David Leader team - no pun
intended.)

Do you know someone who qualifies and is willing?

This may be a way that younger members will become well-known to many  of
us.  This will be an accomplishment to add (hopefully) to a  professional
resume.

Our computer technology team will need to interface with the  generous
owner of Arachne's old server, so it stays up and running until  tests of all
things new are absolutely working well and  backed-up.  This team will also
need to interface with our  most-precious volunteer, Avital, the expert who
signs up new members  and manages any problems of inappropriate mail.

Amanda's easy-to-understand comments are below.  We all need  to be aware
of what she has explained, and all need to support efforts  to solve these
problems - for everyone.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 3/13/2016 10:57:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,