Dear Jeri, Amanda, and others,

Sorry, but a technology team will not solve the problem because we
don't have access to the server configuration at the admin level and
we're not paying for this list.

At the moment there are only two solutions that I can see:

1. Yahoo and AOL users add a Gmail account to receive/send their
messages (Gmail can be configured to automatically forward messages to
your old account and to use your old address for "Reply to;").

or

2. Upgrade or reconfigure majordomo at Panix.com, the ISP that hosts
this list. That's not going to happen without Liz's intervention
because she's the owner of this list and the only one with admin
privileges. She is also the one who allows us to use this software
free of charge, so remember that we're not exactly paying customers.
I've forwarded the emails to her describing the problem.

or

3. Moving Arachne (with or without Liz's blessing) to another host.
That option has been discussed before and has usually met with
opposition, although these things can change, as more people have
ADSL, mobile devices, etc. It will have a cost, such as ads or fees or
whatever, and the old archives will eventually become ancient history.
The archive is also a free service and probably not maintained if the
originating mailing list becomes defunct.

Regards,

Avital
Arachne moderator