Welcome Joseph!  Learning lace on your own is a big challenge.  Having been
stuck on more than a few occasions, Arachne has certainly been a lifeline for
all manner of lace issues!  Plus it is fun to meet fellow Arachneans at lace
events--putting face to name from the other end of a previously helpful email.
Hope you will also take a moment to post pics of your lacemaking progress on
Arachne Flickr.  As to Flickr, I tried to post my sea star today & there seems
to be a new password protocol.  It didn't made sense to me so I didn't log in.
If an expert knows what I should be doing, please contact me off list.  Many
thanks.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA