If you have a copy of Miss Channers Mat pattern, you may want to take note of
the error I found.  The person who make the original sample found it and
corrected for it, but the correction was not put on the pattern.
Find the center of the pattern.  On four sides of the center,there is a
stylized flower.  It's has two ovals in the center with tallies on them.
The center is surrounded by two curving sets of petals.  The inside petals
curve around the center part until they almost meet.  On one of the flowers,
these petals have been run together in a arch.  You may want to draw in the
ends of the petals for future use.
Update on progress -- I am now halfway through the pattern.  I have just used
up the 235 pre-wound pairs of bobbins.  Plus I have tied together many of the
cut0off pairs, rolled the knot back on a bobbin, and re-used the
bobbins.    I'll be doing that through the rest of the pattern when I want
to thicken a clothstitch section.  I like a solid leaf or petal so I add in
lots of extras, and throw them out when I get to a ground section.
The past couple weeks I have had a problem with threads breaking.  It was
frustrating to have one beak near the end of a tally.  I took it out,
installed a new pair, and then halfway through, another thread broke.  Repeat
the previous work.  Third try worked.  I was really glad to complete that
batch of tallies.
The bobbins have been wound for over a year.  When they started to break, I
gave them a moisture treatment.  It helped a little but I'm still breaking
threads.  I've had other patterns on a pillow for much longer than this one,
with no thread problems.  Maybe it's because it's a very fine thread.
Alice in Oregon -- on a very wet day.  Trees are starting to bloom but it's
still cool outside.  I look forward to sunshine and warm temps.