I call mine a voodoo board, too!

The first time I used one, I was doing what I now think was a fairly simple
Old Flanders pattern. I couldn’t follow the pattern just by looking at it.
In fact, even once I had the board I still had problems, because I was so
confused that I would get lost during the second or so that it took to move my
gaze from the voodoo board to the lace!

Happily it does get easier with practice, and now I don’t need the voodoo
board nearly so often.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)