Hello All!  Ithaca Lace Day (Columbus Day weekend) was fabulous as usual!  IOLI
Finger Lakes Guild is a great host & the class lineup was superb.  I was in
Carolyn Wetzel’s Frisado class & my finished project is posted to Arachne
Flickr.  On Friday, before the event, I visited the Mann library at Cornell
University with my roommate & we had a blast in the stacks.  It was like an
all-you-can-read buffet of lace books & I am smitten by their book on Rosaline!
 I did some speed reading & made a few copies then purchased a book from Holly
at ILD.  Now that I’m home, I would like to have a better understanding of why
a lacemaker would start out with a rolled clump of threads!  And is this the
only lace that starts with a bundle?  I vaguely remember a thread bundle in
Rosa Libre but I think that was for moving the threads from one section to
another.  Will an expert share some background info on this very lovely lace?
I would like to give it a try.  Many thanks.  Sincerely, S!
 usan Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad