We all know lace experts who keep secrets.  That is not my ethic, or how I
wish to be remembered.

The greatest gift we could receive this holiday season is to be reading
something silent Arachne subscribers have to share about lace.

Please.  There is a need for the types of lace information you and I share.
 I do not care who republishes my words, so long as they do not change
anything or cut content I felt was necessary at the time of writing.

Please.  Here is a private challenge to all:  I have given you examples -
for 22 years - of what some people would like to know and are not getting from
other sources.  It does not require great intellect.  I dropped out of
university after completing 2 years of business-oriented courses - nights.
 If I can do this, so can many of our members who have more academic
qualifications and career credentials.

Please.  It is not fair for just a few of us to be shouldering the
responsibility of bringing lace art and history to 21st Century lace makers
via a free source.  Everyone has to start somewhere, and as you write (or
ask) more and more, you will gain confidence.  Sometimes, I must accept
corrections.  That is OK.  We all learn from them.

Please.  You might discover you like to write, and can build on that skill in
other aspects of your life.  I write as if I were talking directly to one of
you, and try to imagine what you might feel needs to be clearer.  I remember
you are from different nations and have different lace backgrounds.  Surely,
you would not pass by an opportunity to personally talk with a Jean Leader
(Scotland), a Alex Stillwell (England), a Devon Thein (U.S.), a Ilska Thompson
(Germany)?  Note they are listed alphabetically, and if more names were added
to the list, they would be, as well.

Not to exclude others, but do you remember when Susan Hottle bravely began
posting questions?  There is no such thing as a dumb lace question.  Susan
has enhanced our appreciation of lace, and she has learned a lot from replies.
 Now, she is setting up library lace exhibits that educate others.

You can do this.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center