Far better to share and witness the pleasure it gives to the recipient than to
keep back/withhold something for ourselves.  None of us would be enjoying our
craft today, had our mentors not passed on their skills and knowledge.  I know
Diana that you too have been more then generous over the years and very much
appreciated by all recipients.  We owe it to our own mentors to pass on what we
have learned from them plus the little tips that we have worked out through
trial and error for ourselves.  'Poor is the student who cannot surpass his
master'!

Catherine Barley in Henley-on-Thames, UK where it's snowing hard and settling
this morning!

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com

-
Subject : Re: [lace] sharing.

I’m afraid there are people in all area of collecting and crafting who are
unwilling to ‘share’ - what’s mines mine and stays mine! My husband requested a
copy of a rare local photograph the response was a refusal with the words “well
if I give you a copy then there would be two......”!
Which meant that if that picture disappeared the image was lost - and as he did
not make provision for his archive after his death the image has been lost to
future generations researching the area.

Diana in Northamptonshire - where it is bitterly cold and we’re expecting snow.