Thank you, thank you, thank you to Joseph for your quick response and
help.  My in-residence electronic repairman had a look and while there is
no switch to reverse the turning, he was able to reverse the turning by
reversing the batteries.  This did the job but there does not seem to be as
much power as there was when it was turning in the direction you need when
winding continentals.  I do not think that you can wind spangled bobbins on
this winder because the spangles would flop around and stop the turning.

If you are interested, here is the website:  www.hobby-manufaktur.de  As
you will see it is in the German language only.

Jane, thank you for your written description of how to make the hitch.
With that information, and information from one of the books published by
the Idrija Lace School, I think I have got it.  I also referred to Jean
Leader's website for a good diagram describing the winding differences
between clockwise and anti-clockwise.

Once again, Arachne friends to the rescue.  Much appreciated.

Ruth Johnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(where it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas with a minor snowfall
last night and more on the way)