It is important to remember that you never work on the half blocks they are
purely for getting the block you are using in a comfortable place for working .

Joseph, if you are making another pillow, you could decide how wide you might
need and make the blocks rectangular rather than square, or make a nine block
square and if you have them in a frame, then they can all move, or
alternatively anchor the four corners then all the middle pieces move.  Make
some extra blocks and cut one of them in two for your two half blocks.

Malvary in Ottawa where we had our first measurable snow fall today.

Sent from my iPad