Hi Arachnids

A question for the bobbin experts

I have a curious bobbin.  It is 9cm long with ahead 7mm across that is
slightly domed at the top and flat beneath. The neck is g 2.9 cm long, just
over 3mm wide and there is a thin flat collar the same width as the head.  The
shank is 5.3cm long, starts at the same width as the neck and widens to nearly
9mm towards the tail where is narrows slightly. Unusually there is a hole
2.7cm deep and 4mm wide drilled upwards from the tail end of the bobbin. I
suspect this was to reduce the weight of the bobbin.

I have always understood to be for Valenciennes lace, please may I have some
more information about it.

Alex