Many have been writing about Nenia Lovesey's influence as a bobbin lace
teacher.  There are six books by Lovesey (one with co-author Catherine
Barley) in my library.  Five are about needle lace and the sixth about both
bobbin and needle lace.  This sixth is one of my favorites, because she tells
how she taught very young grandchildren to make bobbin lace.  It is
illustrated with pictures.  Were there additional books, perhaps about bobbin
lace?  Here is my list:

Creative Design in Needlepoint Lace - 1983
Introduction to Needlepoint Lace - 1985
Punto Tagliato Lace -1986
Reflections on Lace - 1988 (teaching children)
Technique of Needlepoint Lace - 1980
Venetian Gros Point Lace - 1986 (co-author: Barley)

The Reflections book has a dedication: A letter to my granddaughters (lists
8), and continues - Indeed for any other little girl with love from Nana
Lovesey.  It is a must-have book for lace teachers.  There are pictures of
Kate Marie making bobbin lace in 1981, at age three!  Wonder if she is still
lacing?  Following is a lovely memory paragraph from page 25 of this book:

When I was aged about four, the highlight of my year was to travel up from
Devon to stay with Paternal Grandparents while Mother taught for two weeks at
the school of Louisa and Rosa Tebbs.  The school was a tall house that
reached to the sky, in Kensington Church Street in London.  There was a
basement where meals were served, then there were winding stairs that went
right to the top, so high up the windows were turrets, because by the time one
reached the top, the house had become a castle.  One could see for ever and
ever over the roof-tops.  This was where the lace for grand ladies was kept.
 I was sure that one day a Knight in shining armour would climb all these
stairs to choose a laced handkerchief for his Lady.  It seemed a pity he
never arrived while I was there, because I had never seen a Knight before.

This makes me (Jeri) think of Mary Poppins, and also of the old headquarters
of the Royal School of Needlework when it was in Kensington (now, it is at
Hampton Court Palace).  Lovesey's following paragraphs are equally amusing.
 Very worth reading, if you can find or borrow the book.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center