In January, I wrote inviting Arachne members who will be attending the
Congress in BELGIUM to correspond with me.  I have collected replies which
will not be made public.  Our travelers need protection from unauthorized
people reading Arachne mail, and much of our mail seems to be going to
G****e.

A letter from Australia was from someone who learned - from gumlace - that I
was collecting names.  She is not subscribed to Arachne.

Please remember that if you share a computer in a library, the office, with
your spouse and/or children, etc. that what we discuss about travel dates and
plans is confidential.  It is also not the business of local lace guild
members, or something to be put in newsletters - until after the fact.  Your
security and that of your home is necessary at this time in human history.
 It is against the law to maintain member address lists in some countries,
but not in others.

I will be writing privately to all who responded to me - using the bcc (blind
carbon copy) feature for my first letter.  Those participating will decide
whether they want their name to be known to others attending, or not.  I'd
like to think we can write openly, because my intent was to aid friendships -
in advance of the event.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center