This information from Jeri was very helpful.  I can add this site to the
list.
https://loopbraider.com/
She has many, many videos on making various braids.  Her videos are
certainly not professionally produced, but it will provide you with
information that is very difficult to find in person, at least here in the
states.

I, too, am always looking for relatives of early bobbin lace.  I have been
studying loop braiding with a very knowledgeable teacher for 2.5 years, and
I have co-ordinated a meetup for working on finger loop techniques once a
month in Berkeley, Ca.  Should any of you who are interested find your way
to the Bay Area sometime, feel free to contact me offlist.

Kim