I’ve been on Arachne since 1996 - just about the beginning. I will always
remember the excitement of reading the many, many pages of messages that came
every day in my digest. So much information, and I wanted to print it all out!
I had been making lace in a vacuum - none of my friends or relatives had a
clue, so all that talk was an exotic, extraordinary experience.

I do miss the old Arachne, but that level of excitement just couldn’t continue
and it would be hard to take if it did. I understand the lure of Facebook, and
it’s a great advantage that you can upload photos together with your message.
I’ve been told Facebook is old, Twitter is getting past it, and Instagram is
the best right now, but I don’t understand how Twitter and Instagram are better
for our purposes than Facebook - or even good old Arachne. We need the ability
to write long, involved messages.

Adele